Tuesday 7 February 2012

Valentines Day

Ok, its February so I guess I should acknowledge Valentine's day! Back in January while looking for cards to send people (I have a lot of new year birthdays to buy for!) I discovered this wonderful Etsy shop MMdesign (Maureen Mitchell Design) After ordering my cards I discovered that Maureen lives just down the road from me (and she kindly hand delived my cards!) I think this is a true example of "the Etsy community"! Since joining Etsy I have connected with people from all over the world, but it is so nice to meet someone local to me. Maureen originally trained as a jewellery designer/silversmith but now she concentrates on creating beautiful prints and cards. Below are some examples of her work, if you click on the images it will take you to her Etsy shop.

Oh yes, I was going to mention Valentine's day! Maureen has created some lovely Valentine's day cards and prints, please take a look...

 All You Need Is Love - Valentine card

 Be My Valentine - Limited Edition Giclee Canvas Print

Following the Leader - Blank Greeting card

Ok, I'm breaking away from the Valentine's theme with the last card, but I had to post it up on here because it is one of my favourites! I gave this one to my friend Lou for her birthday, but I very nearly kept it for myself! MMdesigns are also on facebook (click HERE) and please take a look at Maureen's website maureenmitchelldesign.com

No comments: